Members Art Submission
A reminder to CVAA members that our next members’ exhibit is coming up in November 2018. Work will be accepted on October 31 2018 for hanging. To ensure that everything unfolds as easily as possible, please read and follow the instructions below.
Members wishing to exhibit, follow the CHECKLIST below:
1. Print off and fill out ‘Artwork submission form’. To view and print out CLICK HERE.
2. Ensure your work can hang according to ‘Hanging Requirements’. To view and print out CLICK HERE.
3. If you want to submit work for Pay & Take; fill out ‘Pay and Take submission form’. To view and print out CLICK HERE.
4. If you want to sell cards/prints, use the ‘Card’ form. To view and print out CLICK HERE.
5. Please bring your agenda, so you can pick dates for 2 gallery-sitting-shifts.
6. Please carefully read the following:
Doors to the gallery will not be opened till after the jury members arrive which is usually by 9:30 am.
FIRST: Pay the $5 fee (maximum of 3 objects) and hand in your completed submission form at the gallery desk where a member will check your name off the membership list.
SECOND: Go to the calendar and sign up to sit the gallery during the dates of the show. A member will write the dates of your gallery sitting on a sticky note so you won’t forget the dates of your commitment.
THIRD: After submitting your work, please leave the gallery unless you are on the hanging committee.
The jurying committee will then look at all the work with the following criteria guiding them:
– Is the work ready to hang regarding the hardware and the frame?
– The work has not been shown in the O’Connor Gallery for 2 years, unless it has been reworked significantly.
– Does the work relate to the theme of the show? If in doubt, read the artist’s statement regarding their work.
Depending on the number and size of works submitted, the jury will decide on how to best represent the theme of the show as a comprehensive exhibit. Thus, not all works submitted are guaranteed to be displayed. However, every attempt will be made to have all members who submit work represented.
If a work is not included in the exhibit, the member will be contacted to collect their work.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DELIVER YOUR WORK IN PERSON, YOU MUST MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WITH ANOTHER MEMBER TO DELIVER YOUR WORK TO THE GALLERY BY 9:30 am. THE BOX OFFICE AT THE CULTURAL CENTRE WILL NOT ACCEPT WORK THAT IS DROPPED OFF. ALSO YOU MUST INFORM THE PERSON DELIVERING THE WORK WHEN YOU ARE AVAILABLE TO SIT THE GALLERY OR WRITE THIS INFORMATION ON YOUR SUBMISSION FORM.
This information will also be kept in a file folder in the gallery desk for easy reference.