Please read the guidelines below when you are wishing to the CVAA Members’ Exhibit.
2022 Nov 2 – Dec 10 Theme of the show “Wings, Symbols & Myths” Bring your work Nov 1 2022 10:00 am Pick up work Dec 12 9:45 am
Members wishing to exhibit, follow the CHECKLIST below:
1. NEW! You have received an email from Annet Holierhoek between October 19 and 24 to submit your work using an ONLINE form. It is a very easy-to-fill-out form and after completion simply return to her. If you have not received an email by October 24 (check your spam box) please contact Annet 604-701-7793 .
With this form you are submitting your work, this includes your 3 ‘main’ works, Pay & Take work, and possible Cards. If you don’t have Pay&take items or Cards just fill out NA.
The form needs to be returned before October 29. Submissions after this date will result in your work not having a label on the wall.
2. Please ALSO fill out a PAPER submission form and bring this with you Nov 2 (as this is the first time we have online registration we would like to have a backup)
Three main works for Exhibit Art Work submission form click on the link to download the form.
Pay-and-Take-Submission click on the link to download the form max 12″x12″
Cards submission form click on the link to download the form.
3. Ensure your work can hang according to ‘Hanging Requirements’. CLICK HERE.(you might need to click on ‘enable’ when opening)
4. Please bring your agenda, so you can pick dates for 2 gallery-sitting-shifts.
ON THE DAY OF SET UP
FIRST: Hand in your completed submission form at the gallery desk where a member will check your work if it is suitable for hanging, and if you are a member.
SECOND: Go to the calendar and sign up to sit at the gallery during the dates of the show. A member will write the dates of your gallery sitting on a sticky note so you won’t forget the dates of your commitment.
THIRD: After submitting your work, please leave the gallery unless you are on the hanging committee.
The jurying committee will then look at all the work with the following criteria guiding them:
– Is the work ready to hang regarding the hardware and the frame?
– The work has not been shown in the O’Connor Gallery for 2 years unless it has been reworked significantly.
– Does the work relate to the theme of the show? If in doubt, read the artist’s statement regarding their work.
Depending on the number and size of works submitted, the jury will decide on how to best represent the theme of the show as a comprehensive exhibit. Thus, not all works submitted are guaranteed to be displayed. However, every attempt will be made to have all members who submit work represented.
If a work is not included in the exhibit, the member will be contacted to collect their work.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DELIVER YOUR WORK IN PERSON, YOU MUST MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WITH ANOTHER MEMBER TO DELIVER YOUR WORK TO THE GALLERY BY 10:00 am. THE BOX OFFICE AT THE CULTURAL CENTRE WILL NOT ACCEPT WORK THAT IS DROPPED OFF. ALSO YOU MUST INFORM THE PERSON DELIVERING THE WORK WHEN YOU ARE AVAILABLE TO SIT IN THE GALLERY OR WRITE THIS INFORMATION ON YOUR SUBMISSION FORM. Please make sure that someone on the hanging committee knows that and where your dropped-of works are.
This information will also be kept in a file folder in the gallery desk for easy reference.