Becoming a Member
Members of the Chilliwack Visual Artists Association enjoy the advantages of being connected to a group of people with similar interests. Our members range from professional artists who make a living from their artwork and talented amateurs from all walks of life who just do it for fun.
Benefits of being part of a group with similar interests:
- Opportunities to exhibit your artwork at our group shows.
- Enjoy networking with other artists at our monthly meetings.
- Receive announcements of exhibits in and around the Lower Mainland.
- Take advantage of reduced rates on some of the Art Classes offered by the Cultural Centre*.
- Receive a discount on purchases at Art Related Stores around Chilliwack*.
- Meet the public and talk about Art at Gallery sitting sessions.
The gallery is run and operated on a volunteer basis by the CVAA and its members. Gallery sitting is one of the enjoyable tasks undertaken by members and exhibiting artists. The Association and the Gallery relies on the members to run a successful organization like we have today. There is a wide range of volunteer opportunities, each member takes on a gallery shift of 2-1/2 hours a month and hopefully helps out a little with other tasks.
Would like to join us?
Please come and meet us at our members’ meeting at 7:00 pm on first Tuesday of the month except July and August. Our meetings are held in the O’ Connor Art Gallery at the Cultural Centre on Corbould Street.
We have an application form for you at the desk of the O’Connor Group Gallery. Or you can download it and bring it to the meeting. CLICK HERE to view and print.